|Title of the article
HERO IMAGE BUILDING DURING THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR (BY THE MATERIALS OF ROSTOV REGION)
Zemlyanskiy Konstantin Aleksandrovich, Postgraduate student, Rostov State University of Economics (166 M. Gorkogo street, Rostov-on-Don, Russia), Daniloffemail@example.com
Background. The modern international situation, changes of relations between Russia and European countries and USA, attempts of political and economic isolation of Russia caue a necessity of studying the historical experience of propaganda and mass media agencies in formation of social consciousness of the country;’s population in most complicated and stressful historical periods. The aim of the work is to analyze features of formation of the image of a hero by propaganda and mass media agencies of Rostov region during the Great Patriotic War.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented using documents from the State archive of Rostov region and the Contemporary history center of Rostov region, as well as the materials of periodicals of Rostov region. The methodology of the present work was based on scientific understanding of the historical process arising from the theory of a system approach to analyzing historical and social realities. When researching processes of effecting and changing mass consciousness there were used various theories, for example, the theory of “social presentations” focusing on daily forms of world perception; the theory of mental set considering features of world perception by various groups of people as most important elements of mentality. When studying the sources the author used both traditional and special methods of historical research inclusing general scientific, special scientific and specifically problematic ones. Also, the author followed the principles of historicism and objectivity to complete the set tasks.
Results. The author studied the activity of the party-state organs concerning the problem of hero image building among the population of Rostov region in 1941–1945. As a result of the research carried out there have been highlighted the main methods of enemy image building by the propaganda and mass media agencies in Rostov region.
Conclusions. Studying the image of teaching personnel of secondary schools allows to understand the content of negative and positive trends of the policy in the sphere of propaganda of war-time. Revelation and systematization of agitationpropaganda methods of effecting mass consciousness and behavior can be of practicla importance as agitation and propaganda are still one of the main methods of ideological influence. Latest political technologies (political advertising and publicrelations), despite multiple scientific developments (as a rule, estern ones), adapted to the Russian electorate, are acquiring the familiar traits.
Great Patriotic War, agitation and propaganda, USSR peoples history, Rostov region, mass media, mass consciousness
|| Download PDF
1. Senyavskaya E. S. Otechestvennaya istoriya [Russian history]. 1995, no. 5.
2. Izvestiya TsK KPSS [Bulletin of CC CPSU]. 1990, no. 5.
3. Krasnaya Zvezda [The red star]. 1943, 12 September.
4. Baranova N. B. Mifologizatsiya massovogo soznaniya v 30-e gody XX veka [Mythologization of mass consciousness in 1930s]. Moscow, 1997.
5. Molot [The hammer]. 1943, 28 November.
6. Molot [The hammer]. 1944, 7 April.
7. Molot [The hammer]. 1944, 21 April.
8. Vedomosti Verkhovnogo Soveta SSSR [Bulletin of the USSR Supreme Council]. 1942, 25 November.
9. Krasnaya Zvezda [The red star]. 1942, 23 December.
10. Vedomosti Verkhovnogo Soveta SSSR [Bulletin of the USSR Supreme Council]. 1942, 30 December.
11. Bol'shevik Dona [The Don’s bolshevik]. 1941, 7 August.
12. Tsentr dokumentatsii noveyshey istorii Rostovskoy oblasti (TsDNIRO) [The Center of contemporary history documentation of Rostov region (TsDNIRO)]. F. 9. Op. 199. D. 342. L. 143.
13. TsDNIRO. F. 3. Op. 1. D. 139. L. 97.
14. Molot [The hammer]. 1941, 11 July.
15. Bol'shevik [The Bolshevik]. 1941, 23 June.
16. Molot [The hammer]. 1942, 15 February.
Дата создания: 07.07.2016 15:38
Дата обновления: 08.07.2016 09:30